Hi folks! With full MP/Mastery posts on the horizon, all eyes are on Dragon Ball Z: Evolution. In the meantime, the Regional Season carries on next weekend in Florida (pre-register here). 100+ players have already registered, don’t miss out!
When Card of the Week previews begin, you’ll notice numerous callbacks to the Dragon Ball Z CCG. Fan favorite cards from the Androids Saga and Super Android 13 subset have been reimagined for the new game, and I hope everyone enjoys using them!
Aside from the Android theme, the impact of each new Mastery is staggering.
- Black Perceptive Mastery involves a gambling mechanic of sorts, and adds a HIT effect to your Styled attacks.
- Blue Tag Team Mastery has one of the most unique effects in the game, and it adds new life to some underused/older cards. Perhaps you can guess its theme based on the title!
- Namekian Restored Mastery has two different ways to add cards to your hand.
- Orange Adept Mastery can search out several drills in a single turn, and has an aggressive slant.
- Red Ruthless Mastery has a very appropriate name. Also…anti-anger?!
- Saiyan Rampaging Mastery increases attack density, and it has the ability to level up at unprecedented speeds. Oh, and a new card pool filled with jaw dropping effects. . . .
Deciding which Mastery to use within a given Style adds a whole new layer of complexity to deck building. Many past characters are revitalized in combination with a new Mastery, and of course some of the newer characters interact favorably with the original Mastery cards. Truly, it will be a wide open field of possibilities!
Keep your eyes on the blog for a full breakdown of each MP/Mastery as we lead up to the October 30th launch!
4 thoughts on “Florida Regional Reminder and New Mastery Hints”
The mastery hints seem pretty interesting. I hope the “reimaginings” doesn’t mean that the designers were lazy and just grabbed a ton of cards from the old game though. If I wanted to play the old game, I would
I actually like the throwback (gold title) cards. While I agree that there should be a lot of new cards I would appreciate some nostalgia cards too!
Agreed, not everybody has that option though.
Thanks to the old game, whenever I hear about Saiyan increasing attack density, I get PTSD of my buddy declaring a ‘Truce’
Comments are closed.