See the latest Deck Tech below.
Before we look at today’s list, don’t forget to enter our May Giveaway Contest before the Friday deadline!
The Arkham Inmates have access to a plethora of above average effects and unique interactions, but they also carry the burden of juggling a small hand size. Managing the entire game with only a few cards in your hand can prove tricky, though worthwhile – as seen by this MXOLT III 9th place finish from Jason H:
- Mad Hatter – Jervis Tech x3
- Killer Croc – Waylon Jones x2
- Poison Ivy – Botanist x2
- Talon – William Cobb x3
- The Joker – Ruthless x1
- Harley Quinn – Queen of Arkham x1
- Mr. Zsasz – Victor Zsasz x1
- Bane – Venom x1
- 1 STR/INT (U82-AT) x2
- 2 Special (U88-BM) x3
- 2 INT/SP (U90-BM) x3
- 3 Strength (C47-BM) x3
- 3 Intelligence (C43-JL) x3
- 3 Special (U92-BM) x3
- 3 STR/INT/SP (U97-BM) x3
Talon, Meta Superiority, and a menagerie of other discard outlets all ensure a low hand size when needed, unlocking effects such as Killer Croc and the scintillating Jail Break. Burning through your hand leads to a stacked discard pile, which then feeds Mad Hatter, Poison Ivy, and Surrounded (with a dash more of recursion from cards like Bane and 2 Special). The low-Rank BC package being played by smaller Characters seems to indicate a purely aggro playstyle, but don’t underestimate this build’s defensive options and Planning Step KO abilities! Other cards to consider:
- a third copy of Jail Break (extra Character drops are especially relevant in the current meta)
- Scarecrow – Scarebeast (taking other tech slots certain environments)
- 1 Special (C51-GL) (another low rank BC playable by Mad Hatter that enables an additional Character to attack with 0 cards in hand)
If you’d like tips for your deck (or simply want to see it featured on the blog), submit your list to OP@paniniamerica.net with “DECK TECH” in the subject line.