This week’s highlighted deck revolves around a powerful Battle Card from Green Lantern!
While there are many styles of Potpourri decks in MetaX, they all share a general trend of combining “the best cards available” for a given strategy. This approach to deckbuilding leads to lists that have a unified theme (especially in the Character lineup), though some peripheral components of the deck may be mismatched.
Rather than choose a direction and select the best cards for it, today’s rainbow entry instead emphasizes a handful of individual powerhouse effects – and then fills in the costs/requirements around them.
- Mikasa Ackermann – Battle Genius x3
- Batman – The Caped Crusader x3
- Agent Orange – Ogatoo Thief x3
- Parallax – Hal Jordan x2
- Crawling Titan x3
- 1 STR/INT/SP (U92-JL) x1
- 2 Strength (C37-JL) x2
- 2 Intelligence (C38-JL) x3
- 3 Special (R130-JL) x1
- 3 Special (C44-JL) x2
- 6 Special (U97-JL) x2
- 7 Intelligence (R138-AT) x3
- 7 Special (C59-GL) x3
At its core, this is a resilient Character lineup that includes enough Traits to utilize 7 Special. Aside from the virtual advantages generated by high HP Characters throwing large Battle Cards, Mikasa is able to quickly find the 7 SP – which can then be pulled back by cards like Diversity and 3 Special. For the most part, the deck should aim to overwhelm the opponent with the sheer size of its attacks, the resilience of its Characters, and its consistent card advantage on all fronts.
There are only so many 7 SP Characters available to this deck, but it still has some utility in the form of Agent Orange, Batman’s filtering, and toolbox Battle Cards from Mikasa. Other cards to consider:
- Sifting Through the Wreckage (another way to recur 7 SP)
- Teleportation (replay Mikasa, or clear out a duplicate Character to get 7 SP online)
- 2 Intelligence (practically any attack effect Battle Card is worth considering here)
- Superman – Last Son of Krypton (would require a completely different Battle Card array, but he is another 7 SP Hero that could compete for Batman’s slot)
If you’d like tips for your deck (or simply want to see it featured on the blog), submit your list to OP@paniniamerica.net with “DECK TECH” in the subject line.