See below for the last Deck Tech before the release of Batman.
Spoiler season for Batman begins on Friday, and today’s Deck Tech session is the last of the AoT era. Fittingly, it features the Military Police Regiment – with Annie Leonheart’s power on full display!
This submission comes from MetaX developer Dan Green, who writes:
“The control provided by Annie and Sinestro allows the deck to set up advantaged boards, especially with the use of Teleportation and 1 STR/INT (should the opponent attack into the trap).”
- Sinestro – Master Tactician x3
- Annie Leonheart – Solemn Warrior x3
- Nile Dawk – Military Police Commander x3
- Hitch Dreyse – Persuasive x3
- Marlo Freudenberg – Bowl Cut x3
- Teleportation x3
- Resurrection of Power x2
- Joke’s On You x2
- Discipline x1
- 1 STR/INT (U82-AT) x3
- 1 Intelligence (C41-GL) x2
- 1 Special (C51-GL) x3
- 2 Special (R128-JL) x2
- 3 Intelligence (C41-AT) x3
- 3 Special (R130-AT) x2
- 4 Special (C49-JL) x2
This deck has an extreme emphasis on Annie, and it aims to repeatedly use her effect through cards like Nile Dawk, Teleportation, and the 1 STR/INT. Aside from Annie, all of the included Military Police Characters have a maximum rank of 5 – granting access to Sinestro for extra mop-up duty!
Resurrection of Power is always useful in a deck with a significant amount of “when played” effects, and the recursion from Joke’s On You and Discipline can lead to even more loops of Annie. All of the selected Battle Cards have brutal effects (led by the defining 3 Intelligence), and their low ranks are largely irrelevant when the deck is firing on all cylinders. Other cards to consider:
- Burst of Power: digs for Annie while throwing away stranded combo pieces
- Right on Target: this deck is already hungry for MP, but one copy of Right on Target may have merit over the third Teleportation
- Power Players: or other solid answers to Constantine such as Firestorm
Be sure to check back on Friday for the debut of Batman – Prepared, followed by preview spotlights on the blog and additional spoilers on fansites!