The next season of Organized Play is upon us – check out below for more info!
As the June kickoff of Organized Play: Season 2 approaches, we’re looking for stores and Tournament Organizers across the country to help facilitate Regional level events. Interested parties can apply to host a Regional by sending an e-mail with the following information:
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com titled “REGIONAL APPLICATION – (YOUR LOCATION)”
- Provide your store name, store address, and dates of availability
- Include a brief summary of any relevant tournament hosting experience, proposed venues, photos, etc.
*Please note that at this time, we are prioritizing hosts that have the ability to coordinate off-site venue booking. However, don’t let that discourage you from applying (all suitable venues will be considered on a case-by-case basis).
The deadline for the first wave of Regional applications is May 13th. Spread the word!
A full schedule of Organized Play events (at the Regional level and beyond) will be posted in the near future. We’re certainly sensitive to the fact that lead-time is needed for travel planning! Beyond Vengeance’s launch in July, you can also look forward to DBZ TCG’s presence at the San Diego Comic-Con and Gen-Con this summer. As always, the season will culminate in Worlds at Dallas – but keep your eyes on the blog for exciting new details about this end of year event.
More Regionals, more prizes, more Worlds invites – and this is just the tip of the iceberg! As we move forward, you can expect the following:
- A final pre-Regionals CRD update
- Expansion of the judge program at a local and OP level (including a tier system and release of the Judge Floor Guide)
- Revamped local play (including the release of official tournament software, prize support for large-scale local events, rotating league rulesets and variant formats, new swag, and more!)