See below for info about the upcoming Frozen List and CRD, a note on OP payments, and more!
1. Event Reminders
If you’re in the area, be sure to check out these upcoming tournaments (organized by former Regional hosts):
- 1/21 – Warren, Michigan: Eternal Games $1k
- 1/21 – Fargo, North Dakota: Paradox Comics-N-Cards Sparking Showdown
- 1/28 – Vacaville, CA: Forgotten Path Games DBZ Farewell Tournament
2. Organized Play Cash Prizes
The final OP checks are in the process of being cut and signed; if you’re receiving a prize from Regionals or Worlds it should be arriving soon (TM). If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
3. Underrated Card Files: Episode #379
Released all the way back in Heroes & Villains, C53 Saiyan Drive By saw modest tournament usage throughout the game’s lifespan. The Saiyan Style saw most of its success in the form of aggressive physical beatdown, which limited the representation of this more control-oriented Event. Still, it offers automatic deck destruction, targeted recursion, and the ability to stack Endurance or set up attack combos – all without being banished after use!
4. Frozen List/CRD Updates
The final CRD and Frozen List updates will address any lingering rulings, while also attempting to enable the best possible environment for those of you that wish to continue future DBZ TCG gameplay. Numerous “quality of life” tweaks and other balance changes are currently under consideration, including (but not limited to):
- How “draws” are handled in Swiss
- Troublesome interactions with “where cards end up” (Orange Nudge, Blue Lifting Drill, Crushing Beam, etc)
- Clarifying Gohan – Unlocked against certain “anti-Freestyle” effects
- Unfreezing some of the Mastery cards from the Premiere Set
As always, we’re interested in your feedback – feel free to sound off in the comments section below with your opinion about the final round of Tournament Document updates!