See below for this week’s fan submitted deck.
After next week, Tournament Kits will rotate to new promos. Keep in mind that Tournament Kits are available for any store running MetaX events – for more info contact OP@paniniamerica.net. Local tournaments can be a great way to prepare for the upcoming season of Organized Play, and don’t forget to try out the Draft format!
Find competition and camraderie at your local shop! Photos courtesy of Paradox Comics-N-Cards in Fargo, North Dakota.
For today’s Deck Tech segment, we’ll be looking at an anonymously submitted list featuring the White Lantern Corps.
“Hey Panini, how do I build White Lanterns? What’s their primary strategy? What are some cool synergies they have with other Lanterns or Justice League cards? And how do you approach the game with the White Lantern Corps? Thanks in advance!”
- Superboy Prime – Unstoppable x3
- Superman – Protector of Life x3
- Sinestro – Possessed x3
- Deadman – Agent of Rama Kushna x3
- Ra’s Al Ghul – The Demon’s Head x2
- Starfire – Koriand’r x1
- Triumph x2
- Purifying Shield x2
- Showdown x1
- Uncommon Allies x1
- Echolocation x1
- Against the Current x1
- 1 STR/INT/SP (U92-JL) x3
- 2 Strength (U92-GL) x2
- 3 Intelligence (U96-GL) x2
- 4 STR/INT/SP (U94-JL) x3
- 5 STR/INT/SP (R138-GL) x2
- 5 STR/SP (R134-JL) x1
- 6 STR/INT/SP (R139-GL) x2
- 7 STR/INT/SP (R140-GL) x2
The primary strategy of White Lanterns is to “out-value” your opponent’s on the board. White Lanterns are able to accomplish this with a myriad of healing and recursive effects, but they require a high count of Multi-Stat Battle Cards. White Lantern Characters like Superman and Sinestro can allow for efficient VP gains, while Deadman and Kyle Rayner provide early game consistency and survivability.
Triumph is one of the most significant cards for all White Lantern builds, offering a high degree of consistency in the mid to late game. It is also worth considering a handful of narrow effects, as Triumph can allow for repeated uses of them in relevant matchups.
This list has all of White Lantern’s key components in place, but shifting some ratios may be prudent. Other cards to consider:
- a third copy of Triumph (there’s almost never a downside to this card beyond the early stages of the game!)
- a third copy of both the 6 and 7 Multi-Stat Battle Cards
- a second copy of Echolocation (goes especially well with Superboy-Prime)
- metagame dependent “anti” Characters
- Beware My Power (the high survivability of White Lanterns makes this card appealing, but it becomes even stronger if any added tech Characters are Lanterns as well)
- 1- 2 copies of Man Beyond Tomorrow (in addition to 1-2 more Superman Character cards)
- Cards to swap out: Against the Current, Ra’s Al Ghul, Uncommon Allies
If you’d like tips for your deck (or simply want to see it featured on the blog), submit your list to OP@paniniamerica.net with “DECK TECH” in the subject line.
One thought on “Tuesday Tidbits: White Lantern Deck Tech!”
Pingback: Tuesday Tidbits: White Lantern Deck Tech! | DBZ Feeds
Comments are closed.